Monday, June 08, 2015

Artist In Residence at ACRE




I am getting ready to be an artist in residence at ACRE (Artists’ Cooperative Residency and Exhibitions) in Steuben, WI. This is going to be my first artist residency outside of Chicago. I can’t wait to have 100% of my day just making art!!!

ACRE is a “volunteer-run non-profit based in Chicago devoted to employing various systems of support for emerging artists and to creating a generative community of cultural producers.” Out of the 730 applications they received, ACRE offered spots to 80 artists.

I am looking forward to expanding my video performance pieces, such as the project “Dancing Salsa 1 / Bailando Salsa 1,” into an outdoor environment in Wisconsin’s quiet landscape of hills and green open fields. In addition, I will be working on my embroideries.



No comments: