Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Guido Palau Masks





I am working on a piece that is meant to be worn on the head. It is a piece that has taken me a long time and now that I have more time to spend with it I have found so many things that are related to the process. One artist that has inspired this work is the hair stylist, Guido Palau and the masks he made for the Alexander McQueen exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Arts Costume Institute in the Spring. Here are some pictures of the masks:

Estoy trabajando en una pieza para la cabeza. Es una pieza que me ha tomado mucho tiempo. y ahora que tengo tiempo de meditar mas acerca de esta he encontrado muchas referencias y artistas que se relacionan o me han inspirado durante mi proceso. Uno de estos artistas es Guido Palau un estilista que hizo las mascaras para las piezas de Alexander McQueen en el Metropolitan “Museum of Art’s Costume Institute” en primavera. Estas son algunas fotos de las mascaras:









No comments: